-
July 11th, 2005, 01:57 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I didn't have time over the weekend to call AGPC, so I called this morning. My PS wasn't available, so I just asked the one who answered the phone about Felicity's Meet dress changing.
She said they weren't allowed to discuss those issues at this time. I explained to her why I was asking, that I already have the Traveling dress, had planned on Felicity later this year, etc. Her "Ohhhhh" sounded very sympathetic, and she said, "Hold for just a moment please." Then I heard her begin to ask one of the other girls, "When will they be releasing..." (this is all I heard) When she came back, she said, "Yeah, we're not allowed to talk about that. I'm so sorry."
Not being allowed to discuss something... man, that's a confirmation for me. If it wasn't changing, there would be nothing to hide. right? Then, putting me on hold to ask a question about something coming out, that's a pretty good indictator to me too. Even if the meet dress isn't going to be the traveling dress, SOMETHING is up!!!
Poop. I'll talk myself out of and into ordering Felicity 20-30 times today, I swear. I would also have to have her undergarments and probably that awesome bed, of course. I need a code! (That would push me over the edge at this point).
I think I'll head to the beach this afternoon, try to bake these thoughts out of my head with the sun!
*beats head on table*
Heather
[img]smile.gif[/img]
-
July 11th, 2005, 02:05 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Glad I already have my Felicity in her original meet dress plus the travelling gown. Diana will get her for Christmas this year, so I'm covered if they do change it. Of course, there will also be new items (we HOPE!)
Laurie
-
July 11th, 2005, 04:55 PM
#3
HB Forum Owner
I have Felicity in her original meet dress. I will be getting her Traveling gown, soon. It is on my birthday wish list.
-
July 11th, 2005, 07:44 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Time out--don't they sell meet outfits separately anyhow? IF the traveling dress becomes the meet dress (and that is still a big IF for me), then people can still buy the traveling dress separately. If you were worried that the meet dress was changing and you DIDN'T already have the rose garden (current meet) dress, then you could order the rose garden dress now and wait to see what happens. If it doesn't change and you end up with 2 dresses that are the same, you can always return it and exchange it for something else.
-
July 11th, 2005, 09:40 PM
#5
Inactive Member
The problem with ordering the Rose Garden dress now is that it is only the dress and the ribbon for $20. The shift can be purchased separately. The shift is $8, and the shoes are $8. The garters are not available, and I am not sure about the socks. So, for $36-- ouch!-- you can duplicate Felicity's meet outfit-- almost. There's no guarantee we'll be able to get it in it's entirety later, or that her meet shoes, socks, etc. will stay the same. (I'm guessing she won't wear those heavy black shoes with the very feminine satin gown.) Plus, exchanging the Traveling Gown(s) means I lose another $5 in shipping.
Wow... I'm getting really good at justifying spending $200+ to save less than $50!
The Garage Sale Goddesses smiled on my sale, so I think I'm going to have to call tonight. I feel asleep on the the beach today and dreamed about Felicity.
-
July 12th, 2005, 01:51 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Well... it seems that Lissie woes abound!!!
At AGPNY I was looking at how do the dresses (summer dress particularly) fit the new Lissies and you can fit one finger between her body and the dress (no undergarments) and in the case of my redhead Lissie, she looks like a stuffed sausage in it!
So, up to a point, I think that ebay will heat up after Lissie's "comeback" both for pre-M dresses and "old" meet dresses alike.
There is always one more item...
Sigh!
Ana [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]
-
July 12th, 2005, 03:44 AM
#7
Inactive Member
Glad I have mine, too. I actually purchased the traveling dress thinking it would go well with my comforter set (it doesn't). So far, that's the only outfit Felicity has, although I just won the hat-and-breeches set off eBay.
But I digress. I think you're right. That's a pretty good confirmation. If they weren't going to change it, they would have said something. Through other threads regarding whether or not there is a Rebecca - something CS denied, it appears the CS folks definitely know the outfit is changing. But I also think there are enough Felicitys around in the old "meet" dress to satisfy a demand for a traveling gown.
-
July 12th, 2005, 03:55 AM
#8
Inactive Member
I have the opposite problem: I have Felicity and her original meet dress but not the traveling gown. I was going to order the travel gown this coming payday but they are sold out of it. There's been talk here of them sellling the wallpaper dress seprartely so maybe you'd get lucky that way. I'm hoping to be able to order the travel gown as replacement parts once the change is actually annouced.
-
July 12th, 2005, 03:57 AM
#9
Inactive Member
I think by the woman saying she wasn't allowed to talk about it is a confirmation. If they had no information they would have said so.
-
July 13th, 2005, 01:34 AM
#10
Inactive Member
and don' t forget that the replacement Rose Garden dress is tacky! It pales in comparison to the original! We just picked up the new Felicity story book at BJ's and all the pictures have changed to the travel gown.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks